Sometimes we can't think of what to do on the weekends.

Up until about three weeks ago, our weekends were jam packed. And I mean JAM PACKED. We had a place to be almost every minute of the day.

The last couple weeks have slowed down as the holidays are approaching and we can't do anything outside anymore (winter is the worst). This weekend we had a really hard time coming up with things to do.


Friday we went to station 22 for dinner. YUM. We made some cinnamon almonds and played monopoly when we got home. I melted the cinnamon almonds and it was a draw. haha Exciting I know.

Saturday we woke up and I went running with my mom while Travis caught up on sports. My mom and I went to lunch after and I brought some home to Travis so he didn't feel quite as left out. Afterwords we spent like an hour deciding what we wanted to do. We settled on thrift shopping for outfits for our upcoming 20's themed christmas party.


We ended up with some christmas treasures :) We were invited to the 5th annual pie night hosted by our landlords Aka the people who live above us. They made 26 pies and there were easily 75-100 people that came during the night! Then we ate some pizza and finished the BYU game.

The next couple months are going to be crazy at work with our busiest time of the year and some new awesome responsibilities, but I am excited. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best holidays of the year. We have so many things planned I can't wait!!

Miles this week: 15
Miles this year: 263

8 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend! Weekends are starting to slow down for us too, which is so nice! Time to rest and get holiday shopping done before the mad rush. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I am going christmas decoration shopping tomorrow :) CANT WAIT!

      Delete
  2. Cinnamon almonds? Yum!! How do you make those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use this recipe: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/09/slow-cooker-cinnamon-almonds.html Just make sure you put the amount of water it asks for. I melted them by not reading and adding too much water! Still taste good, but kind of messy haha

      Delete
  3. Bruce and I have a lot of really fun two player games that we love to play on snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH!! i LOVE monopoly. I always make my husband play it with me :)... even though he always wins.. Also, cinnamon almonds are delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we are 1-1 and a tie right now. So we are pretty evenly matched. haha my husband is obsessed with cinnamon almonds, we'd constantly have them in our house if he was in charge haha

      Delete