In with the new, out with the old

I am all about fresh starts to the new year! What that means for me is going through all of our stuff and get rid of the stuff we don't use anymore. Christmas brought plenty of new things. We were spoiled. When new things come into my house I feel an obligation to get rid of some old stuff.

If my mom taught me anything, it's don't be a pack rat. haha its luckily pretty easy to live this philosophy when you live in a tiny apartment, because you can only fit so much!

I am amazed every time I go through our stuff how much I end up giving away. Its just amazing how much "stuff" we accumulate. My rule is if I haven't worn it in the last year its out, if it hasn't been used recently its out, if it has holes its out.

We also decided before I went back to work to deep clean our apartment. It needed it. We got on our hands and knees and cleaned all of our tile floors (we usually just swifer them). Travis cleaned the entire bathroom. I cleaned out the entire fridge and washed it inside and out, and we organized! It felt so good to have our apartment so clean and orderly afterwords, it felt like such an accomplishment! (note: after a week the orderliness isn't quite at that same level anymore).


How often do you spring clean and go through your things??

No comments