My 5 favorite books of 2014

2014 was not the greatest year for reading. I had the goal of reading 50 books and came up a little short at 37. Even still it was hard to narrow it down to just 5!!!

This year I ventured outside traditional books and discovered the amazingness of audio books and kindle books! It is seriously so convenient to read these days.

Top 5 books of 2014:

1. UnbrokenLaura Hillenbrand



This book was INCREDIBLE. It's almost hard to believe its a true story. Its a story of trial, loss, pain and so much hope. I can't wait to see the movie.

2. The Goose Girl, Shannon Hale


I will always love young adult fantasy but this book totally blew my mind. It was one of the few fantasy books in a while where I was completely engaged the entire time. I am on the third book from the series now, and they are all fantastic!

3. I am Malala, Malala Yousafzai


Malala is an incredible woman who despite the so much against her, has always done what she believes in! I loved reading her story as a young girl who just wanted to get an education in Pakistan. She was also recently awarded the nobel peace prize!

4. Quiet, Susan Cain


This book is near to my heart because it is all about being an introvert in a world made for extroverts and how introverts need to realize the amazing power they have! Being an introvert myself,  it really spoke to me.

5. The Rent Collector, Cameron Wright


This book was awesome, I love reading the stories of people who have such different lives than my own. The story was captivating!

2 comments

  1. I am an introvert through and through. I am adding that book to my list immediately. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITs such a good book :) you won't be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete