Marriage article, 1/21/14

If you are thinking about getting married, married, or ever want to get married in the future I think you should read this article. I loved it. Being a newlywed I don't have a ton of experience, but I definitely identified with what the author said.

Probably my favorite quote from the article, "I’m intensely certain that nothing in life has ever made me more angry, frustrated or annoyed than my wife. Inevitably, just when I think I've given all I can possibly give, she somehow finds a way to ask for more. The worst part of it all is that her demands aren't unreasonable."

I know how this guys feels already, I am a very selfish person. I get annoyed, and frustrated, and snappy. But I know that is mostly on me. The more I decide to be happy and love my husband the happier I actually am and the less I focus on myself and getting annoyed. 

I also liked a quote from the end that was less comical and more optimistic, "The point is that marriage has a higher goal than to make two people happy or even whole. Yes, the investment we make into our marriage pays dividends for us. But, concluded by Medina and his colleagues, the same investment also has significant implications for our family, our community and eventually our culture."

Cool right? haha Marriage already has brought me so much happiness, can't wait to see what the rest of it brings :) 

Also speaking of marriage, Travis did the funniest thing ever. I couldn't stop laughing for like 45 minutes. We were talking about potential church callings we could get, and I told him he could be young mens president. He looked me in the eye and was like, well you actually have to be married to get that calling. and I gave him this look like, what? seriously? then he got a weird look and downshifted and was like, yeah some wards do that, you have to be married. I gave him a stronger look and said, honey.... we are married. then I busted up laughing. My husband forgot we were married. haha a whole month of marriage and he totally forgot. SO FUNNY. he felt so dumb and was like wow. I need a minute, what just happened?!?! hahahhahaa

No comments