The Shine Project, my new venture

It's not like I have enough jobs right? With school ending I wanted to find something fun to do on the side haha I am so excited! I am officially a Utah State Representative for The Shine Project.

This is an organization I was introduced to about a year ago when my awesome friend and amazing photographer Anna Gleave photographed Ashley LeMieux and her family for Ashley's Blog. 

I started reading her blog and really got emotionally invested in her project. I think you will too (read below or look around her blog)

Basically, it's a fun company that has a social venture side to it, a good percentage of the profits go towards scholarships for inner city youth to go to college. I am a HUGE advocate of Education, and education as the pathway out of the poverty cycle.  The Shine Project not only provides these kids with money but Ashley holds a weekly club meeting at their high school where they perform service throughout their community. She is very involved and invested in the success of these amazing kids who didn't get to choose their situation and are working hard to improve it.

I never thought I would ever want to do anything related to sales by choice. This cause has changed that. This is something I am doing for fun and believe in. Let me know if you are interested in buying jewelry, donating to the charity, or hosting a threads party!

Here's a look into some of the jewelry, cute right?? Great gifts. They also have some apparel as well!

Aztec Bracelet Silver infinity bracelet Photo Charm Bracelet
My State Thread Inspirational Bangle Crystal Quartz Pixie


This video does a great job explaining The Shine Project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbsHKqvfVRQ#aid=P9qdFvoIsmY

Here is a little background on The Shine Project from Ashley's blog:

The Shine Scholarship Project is a non-profit that was created to put our beliefs in action. Its mission is to improve the lives of at-risk teens through service, education, and family involvement. We do service projects with inner city students every other week to teach them the leadership skills that are necessary for them to succeed. The money we raise goes to sending these leaders to college, so they can give back to society.You can read more about how to get involved HERE.

Threads is a company Ashley founded to help finance The Shine Project and Shine Scholarships:

We just launched a new company, Threads. Your purchase helps give at risk youth a job and allows them to pay their way through college. You can shop here


I will be attending events and hosting parties and selling these wonderful goods to those who are interested :) Please let me know by texting me if you have my number or emailing me at jexii91@gmail.com if you would like to hold a private party in Utah or just want to buy some beautiful product from me, I will come to you if I can!

No comments