Documentaries

Here are my thoughts on documentaries.

They usually show one side of a story. Be aware of this. If it is a topic that is very polarizing you cannot take everything they show and discuss as fact.

Although I know that they show one side of the story, documentaries get my thought process going. I get more excited or passionate about a topic after I watch a documentary which forces me to do more research and get my facts straight. I watch a lot of documentaries that have to do with women and public health.

If you have netflix there are a ton of awesome thought provoking documentaries to choose from. My recommendations would be the following:

Miss Representation (probably my favorite doc. of all time and just became available on netflix)
It's a girl
Hungry for change

 

No comments