10 things to do after work to de-stress


Work is my life now if you couldn't tell. Something that Ive noticed in these last 4 months of working full-time is that I have to do something to de-stress from work or I let the stress of work take over and seep into my home life. Here are some of the things I do to de-stress from work:

1. Take a walk outside
2. Go for a run
3. Go to a yoga class or meditate for 15 minutes
4. Look up something funny online (Youtube/pinterest)
5. Spend 15 minutes reading a book
6. Take a long shower or bath
7. Do something nice for someone
8. Take a nap
9. Change into more comfy clothes and drink some hot cocoa
10. Blast your favorite song on your commute home and sing your heart out.

I do not think its a good idea to just veg looking at your phone/computer checking up on social media, after staring at my computer/phone all day I spend at least my first hour at home disconnected. I need a real transition in between home and work.

What tips do you have for de-stressing after a long day at work?


1 comment

  1. I don't know HOW I never thought about doing yoga when feeling stressed! Thanks for the tip :)

    - MeYouandHayleyLarue.com

    ReplyDelete