Refocus. Relax. Breathe.

we only get 24 hours in a day.

After work and sleep I only have maybe 6 hours left of my day to exercise, get ready, eat, and do the things that make me happy.

6 hours is not a lot of time.

As I was taking my daily walk by the Provo river (one of the best parts of my day), I realized that I need to prioritize better. While I am doing pretty good with this. I am letting things that don't matter to me take a lot of that precious time.

One of the biggest things lately has been the blog world and social media in general.

I've gotten a little obsessed with reading other peoples blogs, increasing my readership, looking into advertising, writing a post everyday, etc. As I was walking I realized that I never intended my blog to make money. I never intended my blog to make me famous. My desires and actions were saying I wanted the opposite.

I've decided I need to slow down on the blog and social media front for now. I need to go back to its original intent. Which was to write down my thoughts and record memories. I will probably blog a little less (which is probably a good thing for those who read, 6 posts a week is probably overkill). I know i'll be happier and able to fit more of the things I care about into those precious hours I have left in the day.

For example, I want to try some free online computer programming courses, make time to practice the guitar, find ways to serve and spend time with friends and family, read more, and train better for my Half!

Things have changed a lot since I started a full-time job, and its a learning process.

It's time for me to Refocus, Relax and Breathe.



No comments