Book Review: Unbroken

I haven't done a good book review in a long time. This one was just too good to pass up. I definitely gave this book 5 stars on goodreads.

Unbroken: Laura Hillenbrand


This book chronicles Louis Zamparini's life. He was an olympic runner and Japanese POW survivor in WWII. His story was quite miraculous and shows how tough the will to hold on really can be during extremely difficult times.

I learned a lot about the fight against the Japanese during WWII. I feel like most of what I had read up to this point about WWII centered on the war in Europe. There was so much in this book that I didn't know. The book is extremely well written and compels you to keep reading and find out what happens next.

I actually think the best part was that I was listening to the book while running 7 miles and I was on the chapters talking about his running career. Motivation.

For anyone that enjoys history, especially that around WWII, this is a great read.

No comments