When blogging goes bad.

It has been a long week. Surprising since its a shorter week than normal. I think its just the post vacation blues.

Something happened tonight that made my skin CRAWL.

I read a blog post from a girl I follow. It was the most unapologetic, most judgmental thing I have ever read in my entire life.

The post was about what stay at home mothers are doing wrong, what stay at home mothers should be doing etc. It seriously just made me feel horrible. The worst part, she isn't a mother yet.

I don't care what a women decides to do with her life, whether that be working or staying at home with her children, as long as it is her choice and she feels like it is the best decision for her family. Women just can't win on this one it seems. They are judged no matter what they choose and how they do their job. The judgement comes mostly from other women, and it needs to stop.

I never want to write a post that brings people down. We need a little more light on the internet. We need a little more acceptance and community. I also think it is important to always remember that you never know what others are going through.

I only want to read blogs that uplift me. There is enough bad in this world already. I wish everyone just stuck to the adage, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."



2 comments

  1. We don't know each other, but I read that blog too and it made my skin crawl as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was horrible. Everyone's life is different. Everyones families are different. Everyones relationship with their spouse is different. There is no one right way to raise a family. I just can't get over it that someone would go so into detail of the faults she perceives in others.

      Delete