Music warms my soul

Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing Colbie Caillat in concert for the first time. LOVED IT.

I got obsessed with her a couple of years ago, and have been wanting to see her in concert ever since!

I never even would have known about the concert had my friend from my MPH program not posted about it on Facebook. The concert was at a tiny little amphitheater in Draper, Utah. It was different from any other concert I'd been too and tickets were only $30! It was awesome.

We got there kind of late so got some not so decent seats, but because it was so small it didn't matter.

Colbie rocked. She is amazing live. I was reminded as I listened to her music how much music warms my soul. Often I am feeling emotions that have been perfectly expressed in music lyrics. I love how much music can impact your soul.

Also I about cried when she played "Try." Such an amazing song on the pressures women face to be perfect and how we shouldn't let ourselves be driven to extremes by them. Also, the rest of her album comes out at the end of the month. Cant wait. 




What a way to spend a thursday night.

1 comment